Your homepage is the gateway to your entire campaign. When the backer’s first click on your campaign’s links, your homepage is what they view first. It’s what drives them to watch your introduction video or take interest in reading your pitch.
Related: How to create powerful videos online
If your homepage is well structured it will drive considerable traffic to your page and induce curiosity within the funders causing them to want to learn more and even consider financial contributions. When backers the initially browse your chosen platform, they will see a still image and a brief description of what your project is about, and this is what will drive traffic to your homepage . Once the backers arrive at your homepage, you must keep their attention.
Once the backers have landed on your homepage, you want to keep them captivated by quickly explaining what your project is about and why they should invest in your venture. Be careful about a cluttered page, as this might turn off potential sponsors. Here are a few suggestions on how to make your homepage remarkable.
• Research: We cannot over emphasize the importance of reviewing other campaigns, both successful and unsuccessful. This will help you choose what you like about their homepages and which elements stood out. Also note down what you thought didn’t work well or elements you did not like, and remember to avoid these as you build your own homepage. Do not try to use too many eye catching elements as this might distract the backers from the core message of your campaign.
Related: Attributes of a successful campaign
• Headlines: break up text descriptions into small manageable, easy to read sections. Try and use headlines for each section to give the reader an idea of the subject matter contained within each group. Keep the write ups short, but where more words are needed include bold call outs that break up the text into digestible sections and alleviate monotony.
• Images: Use images that will capture the audience and encourage them to keep studying your campaign. A picture is worth a thousand words; therefore, your homepage must have several attractive photos that represent your project. Be cautious not to neglect communicating your key ideas. Make sure the pictures you use complement your message and are related to your project. You can choose to work with either still pictures or action shots, either way, ensure they are of high quality.
• Endorsements and recommendations: Leave some room on your homepage where you can highlight endorsements your project has received from notable personalities. If possible you can include a short video of the noteworthy individual or someone credible explaining why they believe in your project.
• Pitch: your pitch must be flawless, and your descriptions must be well written. The pitch can make or break your campaign. Ensure that it answers all the questions they might have. At minimum your pitch should cover, who you are, what you background is and how it is relevant to the project, why the backer should trust you, a description of your project, why it is special and unique, how does I look like, how long it will take to complete the project, how much backing you need to complete the project, how you will use the money, what you will do if you get more money than you are asking for, how you will reward your backers and how you will keep in touch during and after production release.
Related: Perfecting your pitch
When you have covered these bases then your homepage is awe-inspiring and your pitch is perfect, then you can launch your campaign and read about social media marketing strategies for your campaign.